Number of people counted
- 1,065 people usually live in Ahipara. This is a decrease of 57 people, or 5.1 percent, since the 2006 Census.
- Ahipara has 1.9 percent of Far North District's population.
|Population of Ahipara and Far North District
Source: Statistics New Zealand
Note: All figures are for the census usually resident population count.
Number of dwellings counted
- There are 408 occupied dwellings and 120 unoccupied dwellings in Ahipara.
- For Far North District as a whole, there are 22,047 occupied dwellings and 5,661 unoccupied dwellings.
- There are 3 dwellings under construction in Ahipara, and 150 under construction in Far North District.
Note: This time series is irregular. Because the 2011 Census was cancelled after the Canterbury earthquake on 22 February 2011, the gap between this census and the last one is seven years. The change in the data between 2006 and 2013 may be greater than in the usual five-year gap between censuses. Be careful when comparing trends.
This data has been randomly rounded to protect confidentiality. Individual figures may not add up to totals, and values for the same data may vary in different text, tables and graphs. For areas with small populations, the data may not look as expected because of this rounding.