Explore and visualise statistics about New Zealand and its people in map form. Visit often, as we plan to release more statistical maps that visualise changes in our society, economy, and environment.
Check out our maps in one of these categories:
Statistics NZ data service prototype
- The Statistics NZ data service prototype provides an easy-to-use platform to search, browse, and download the 2016 geographic boundaries. It also provides a selection of 2013 Census spatial data.
Key features of StatsMaps:
- They are accessible via desktop, tablets, and smartphones.
- Predictive search, helping you find the information you need when you need it.
- A time slider function that shows changes in the information on the map over time.
- A choropleth mapping option that allows you to easily see differences in variables across regions.
- Downloadable maps you can put on your own website or share on social media.