The purpose of our website is to supply this information in a way that suits the needs of our users, ensuring that New Zealand has access to the statistics it needs to develop and prosper as a country. To achieve this result, our website must:
- be accessible and easy to use,
- contain accurate and targeted content that can be used to inform decision-making and measure progress,
- communicate clearly, whether in words, visualisations, or numbers.
Our website has been designed to provide value to all New Zealanders. To help us achieve this, we have prioritised key users, including government, business, Māori, and media. This will ensure that our statistics are as widely used as possible, and that decision-makers have the information they need at their fingertips.
Our vision is to continually engage with our customers through:
- safely adopting emerging technology
- continuing to provide trustworthy statistics to inform research and debate
- targeting content towards specific audiences.
Find out more information about our website:
Find statistics on our website and get answers to your questions (including technical issues).
Copyright, attribution, quality, and liability.
Errors, data from other sources, and links.
Analytics, cookies, and forms.
An overview of the layout of our website.