Changes in the seasonally adjusted value of transactions (compared with January 2012) were as follows:
- Total electronic card transactions were down (0.3 percent).
- Transactions in the retail industries were down (0.7 percent).
- Transactions in the core retail industries were down (0.5 percent).
- The largest decrease was in the hospitality industry.
- Non-retail and consumables had the largest increases.
The actual (unadjusted) value of transactions in the core retail series was up 8.0 percent from February 2011. The extra day in February 2012, due to the leap year, contributed to this increase in the value of unadjusted transactions.
| Geoff Bascand
|| 9 March 2012
| Government Statistician
|| ISSN 1178-0258