Latest seasonally adjusted movements in the Retail Trade Survey compared with ECT data, as first published:
- retail trade sales decreased 0.3 percent in April 2010
- retail ECT series decreased 1.7 percent in April 2010
- core retail trade sales decreased 0.2 percent in April 2010
- core retail ECT series decreased 1.9 percent in April 2010.
Latest movement in the food price index:
- the food price index fell 0.7 percent in May 2010.
Latest movement in the consumers price index:
- the consumers price index rose 0.4 percent in the March 2010 quarter.
Latest movement in credit card billings, as issued by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand:
- credit card billings increased 5.0 percent in May 2010 compared with May 2009.
Previous releases of electronic card transactions data are available on the Statistics NZ website (www.stats.govt.nz).
For technical enquiries, contact:
Robin Loomes or Ken Smart
Christchurch 03 964 8700
Next release ...
Electronic Card Transactions: July 2010 will be released on 10 August 2010.