Compared with October 2008 (on a seasonally adjusted basis):
- The value of the total Electronic Card Transaction (ECT) series was 2.8 percent lower.
- The value of the retail ECT series was 2.3 percent lower.
- The value of the core retail ECT series was 0.5 percent lower
- The growth rate in the total ECT trend series has eased since August 2008 and is now almost flat.
- The growth rate in the retail ECT trend series fell to zero in November, after slowing each month since July.
- The core retail ECT trend series appears to have been easing since August 2008.