The Improved Business Understanding via Longitudinal Database Development (IBULDD) project was a two-year feasibility project. The purpose of the project was to test the feasibility of creating a longitudinal firm level database covering the time period 1999–2005/06. Official statistics cannot be produced from IBULDD as it is still subject to change. The project was funded by Cross Departmental Research Pool (CDRP) money and finished in December 2007 with the successful creation of the prototype Longitudinal Business Database (LBD).
- Maré, David C., and Andrew Coleman. 2011. "Patterns of Business Location in Auckland," Motu Working Paper 11-08, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research, Wellington.
- Maré, David C., and Richard Fabling. "Productivity and Local Workforce Composition," Motu Working Paper 11-10, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research, Wellington.
- Maré, David C; Fabling, Richard & Stillman, Steve (2011) "Immigration and innovation", IZA Discussion Paper No. 5686
- Fabling, Richard (2011) "Keeping it together: Tracking firms in New Zealand's Longitudinal Business Database", Motu Working Paper 11-01
- Fabling, Richard; Grimes, Arthur & Sanderson, Lynda (2011) "Any port in a storm? Uptake of new port facilities by New Zealand exporters", RBNZ Discussion Paper 2011/01
Business Participation in Government Assistance Programmes (a joint paper with the Ministry of Economic Development)
- An evaluation of the effectiveness of the suite of training and advisory programmes provided by New Zealand Trade and Enterprise: NZTE Output Class 1 Evaluation (MED Evaluation, August 2009)
Impact of emissions pricing on New Zealand manufacturing: A short-run analysis (MED Occasional Paper, October 2009)
- Fabling, Richard & Sanderson, Lynda (2010) “Exporting and performance: Market entry, expansion and destination characteristics”, RBNZ Discussion Paper 2010/07
- Fabling, Richard & Sanderson, Lynda (2010) “Entrepreneurship and aggregate merchandise trade growth in New Zealand”, Journal of International Entrepreneurship 8(2), 182-199
- Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur (2010) “HR Practices and New Zealand Firm Performance: What Matters and Who Does It?”, International Journal of Human Resource Management 21(4), 488-508
- Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur (2010) “Cutting the hedge: Exporters' dynamic currency hedging behaviour”, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal 18(3), 241-253
Multi-Product Exporters And Product Turnover Behaviour Of New Zealand Exporters (Treasury Working Paper, April 2009)
- Fabling, Richard (2009) “A rough guide to New Zealand’s Longitudinal Business Database”, Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper GD09-103
- Fabling, Richard, Grimes, Arthur & Sanderson, Lynda (2009) “Whatever next? Export market choices of New Zealand firms”, RBNZ Discussion Paper 2009/19
- Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur (2009) “The "suite" smell of success: Complementary personnel practices and firm performance”, RBNZ Discussion Paper 2009/13
- Grimes, Arthur; Stevens, Philip; Ren, Cleo; (2009) "The Need for Speed: Impacts of Internet Connectivity on Firm Productivity", Motu Working Paper 09-15.
- Iyer, Krishna; Stevens, Phillip (2009) "Productivity Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment in New Zealand: Firm level Evidence", presented at the New Zealand Association of Economists (NZAE) Conference 2009
- Maré, David C. and Daniel J. Graham (2009) "Agglomeration Elasticities in New Zealand," Motu Working Paper 09-06
- Stevens, Philip (2009) "Competition in New Zealand: An analysis Using Micro Data", presented at the New Zealand Association of Economists (NZAE) Conference 2009
- Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur (2008) “Over the Hedge? Exporters' Optimal and Selective Hedging Choices”, RBNZ Discussion Paper 2008/14
- Fabling, Richard; Grimes, Arthur & Stevens, Philip (2008) “A Comparison of Qualitative and Quantitative Firm Performance Measures”, MED Occasional Paper 08/04
- Fabling, Richard & Sanderson, Lynda (2008) “Firm Level Patterns in Merchandise Trade”, MED Occasional Paper 08/03
- Fabling, Richard; Grimes, Arthur; Sanderson, Lynda; & Stevens, Philip (2008) “Some Rise by Sin, and Some by Virtue Fall: Firm Dynamics, Market Structure and Performance”, MED Occasional Paper 08/01
- Maré, David C. (2008) "Labour Productivity in Auckland Firms", MED Occasional Paper 08/09
Ministry of Economic Development (MED)
Inland Revenue (IRD)
Business Performance Newsletter