These releases provide information on the price change of goods and services purchased by private New Zealand households.
Please note that as of 17 April 2009 supplementary tables 1 and 2 appear in the regular CPI tables, as tables 11 and 12, respectively.
The latest releases contain tables on:
- tradables, non-tradables, and all groups – index numbers and percentage changes
- groups and subgroups – index numbers and percentage changes
- selected groupings – index numbers and percentage changes
- international comparisons of consumers price indexes, excluding housing and credit services – index numbers and percentage changes
- weighted average retail prices of selected items
- population weights by pricing centre
- population weights by region
- expenditure weights by group.
Subscribe to our information releases.
Source: Prices surveyed by Statistics New Zealand
Available from: June 1999 quarter
Geographic coverage: National
You can find previous releases dating back to March 2005 here. For releases prior to this please complete this request form.
Time series data can be accessed from the Infoshare database.
Subject category: Economic indicators
Group: Consumers Price Index