These releases provide information on the price change of goods and services purchased by private New Zealand households.
The latest releases contain tables on:
- tradables, non-tradables, and all groups – index numbers and percentage changes
- groups and subgroups – index numbers and percentage changes
- selected groupings – index numbers and percentage changes
- international comparisons of consumers price indexes, excluding housing and credit services – index numbers and percentage changes
- weighted average retail prices of selected items
- population weights by pricing centre
- population weights by region
- expenditure weights by group.
Subscribe to our information releases.
Access time-series data from the Infoshare database.
Subject category: Economic indicators
Group: Consumers Price Index
Source: Prices surveyed by Statistics New Zealand
Available from: June 1999 quarter
Geographic coverage: National
You can find previous releases dating back to March 2005 here. For releases before this please complete this request form.