Gross domestic product (GDP):
- Economic activity increased 0.3 percent in the December 2011 quarter.
- Finance, insurance, and business services (up 1.3 percent) were the largest contributors to economic growth this quarter.
- Agriculture (up 3.5 percent) and retail, accommodation, and restaurants (up 2.2 percent) also grew.
- GDP was up 1.4 percent for the year ended December 2011.
For the expenditure measure of GDP:
- The expenditure measure of GDP was up 0.5 percent in the December 2011 quarter.
- Household consumption expenditure was up 0.8 percent.
- Exports of goods and services increased (up 2.8 percent), while imports fell (down 2.9 percent).
- For the year ended December 2011, expenditure on GDP was up 1.3 percent.
|22 March 2012