Gross domestic product (GDP):
- Economic activity increased 0.6 percent in the June 2012 quarter.
- Agriculture (up 4.7 percent) was the largest contributor to economic growth this quarter.
- Construction (up 3.3 percent) and manufacturing (up 0.8 percent) also increased.
- Economic activity for the year ended June 2012 was up 2.0 percent.
Expenditure on gross domestic product:
- The expenditure measure of GDP was up 0.3 percent in the June 2012 quarter.
- Investment in fixed assets was up 3.1 percent.
- The volume of expenditure by New Zealand households was up 0.2 percent.
- For the year ended June 2012, expenditure on GDP was up 1.7 percent.
- In current prices, expenditure on GDP was $205 billion for the year ended June 2012.
|20 September 2012