Gross domestic product (GDP):
- Economic activity increased 1.1 percent in the March 2012 quarter.
- Manufacturing (up 1.8 percent) was the largest contributor to economic growth this quarter.
- Business services (up 2.0 percent) and agriculture (up 2.3 percent) also contributed to growth.
- Economic activity for the year ended March 2012 was up 1.7 percent.
Expenditure on gross domestic product:
- The expenditure measure of GDP was up 0.8 percent in the March 2012 quarter.
- Gross fixed capital formation was up 1.7 percent.
- For the year ended March 2012, expenditure on GDP was up 1.0 percent.
- In current prices, expenditure on GDP was $202 billion for the year ended March 2012.
Dallas Welch (Mrs)
Acting Government Statistician
|21 June 2012