Gross domestic product (GDP):
- Economic activity increased 0.3 percent in the March 2013 quarter.
- Business services (up 3.9 percent) and construction (up 5.5 percent) had the largest increases.
- Agriculture, forestry, and fishing (down 4.8 percent) had the largest decline.
- Economic activity for the year ended March 2013 was up 2.5 percent.
Expenditure on gross domestic product:
- The expenditure measure of GDP was up 0.3 percent in the March 2013 quarter.
- The volume of expenditure by New Zealand households was up 0.4 percent.
- Exports of goods and services (up 2.5 percent) and imports (up 2.3 percent) both rose.
- In current prices, expenditure on GDP was $212 billion for the year ended March 2013.
Acting Government Statistician
|20 June 2013