Gross domestic product (GDP):
- Economic activity increased 0.2 percent in the September 2012 quarter.
- Construction activity (up 4.5 percent) had the largest upward movement this quarter.
- Manufacturing (down 1.1 percent) had the largest decline.
- Economic activity for the year ended September 2012 was up 2.5 percent.
Expenditure on gross domestic product:
- The expenditure measure of GDP was up 0.2 percent in the September 2012 quarter.
- The volume of expenditure by New Zealand households was flat this quarter (0.0 percent).
- Investment in fixed assets decreased 1.8 percent.
- In current prices, expenditure on GDP was $208 billion for the year ended September 2012.
|20 December 2012