National Accounts: Year ended March 2008
Embargoed until 10:45am – 13 November 2008
- Current price gross domestic product (GDP) increased 7.0 percent, while GDP per capita increased 5.9 percent.
- National saving rose to $2,934 million, up from $1,586 million in the previous March year.
- Gross national income increased 6.6 percent, driven by gross operating surplus (profits) up 8.5 percent and compensation of employees up 6.0 percent.
- Final consumption expenditure increased, with household spending up 5.0 percent. Central and local government expenditure increased 8.2 percent and 6.1 percent, respectively.
- Capital investment increased 8.9 percent. Fixed asset investment increased 6.0 percent, with a build-up in inventories of $1,395 million.
- Net borrowing from overseas increased from $14,243 million to $14,984 million in the year ended March 2008.
|13 November 2008|