This paper informs users of New Zealand’s macroeconomic statistics about planned data changes to be included this year in the international and national accounts.
In the balance of payments and national accounts information releases to be published later in 2012, we will be implementing changes resulting from new information and improved methods. These changes will improve the measurement of New Zealand’s economy and allow for better international comparability with our key trading and investment partners.
The following changes will result in revisions to previously published information:
- removing the impact of the Canterbury earthquakes from overseas income
- implementing financial intermediation services indirectly measured (FISIM)
- changing the owner-occupied dwellings methodology
- changing the education and training, and health care methodologies
- including updated information from the international trade in commercial services census.
We will also be introducing more detailed information about New Zealand’s economic relationship with the rest of the world:
- external and related party debt statistics
- foreign direct investment (FDI) and investment income by industry
- total trade in services by partner country.
We would like feedback from users of this information. To comment, please email email@example.com or contact Matthew Haigh on +64 931 4600.
To read the report, download or print the PDF from ‘Available files’ above. If you have problems viewing the file, see Opening files and PDFs.
ISBN: 978-0-478-37790-3 (online)
Published 28 August 2012