Institutional Sector Accounts: 1999–2008
Embargoed until 10:45am – 16 December 2010
|This is the first release of official institutional sector accounts (ISA) for the years ended March 1999 to 2008 for all sectors. The ISA analyse income, saving, and other transactions by economic sector. For the years ended March 1999–2008: |
- National saving rose to a peak of $7.9 billion in 2004, and then decreased to $4.1 billion by 2008.
- Dissaving by the household sector increased from 3.2 percent of household net disposable income in 1999 to 8.9 percent in 2007, then shrank to 4.0 percent in 2008.
- Central government sector saving increased from 5.8 percent of net disposable income in 1999 to 26.1 percent in 2008.
- Interest received in the finance sector almost tripled, from $13.7 billion in 1999 to $39.5 billion in 2008.
Accounts for the general government and household sectors contained in this release are published up to and including the year ended March 2010. For the year ended March 2010:
- National saving decreased to $7.0 million in 2009 but rose to $3.2 billion in 2010.
- Dissaving by households increased again to 4.5 percent of household net disposable income in 2009 then shrank to 2.2 percent in 2010.
- Central government sector saving decreased from 12.6 percent of net disposable income in 2009 to -3.9 percent in 2010.
||16 December 2010|
|Acting Government Statistician