For the producers price index (PPI) in the June 2012 quarter, compared with the March 2012 quarter:
|The output PPI (prices received by producers) rose 0.3 percent.
||The input PPI (prices paid by producers) rose 0.6 percent.
- Electricity and gas supply prices were up 10.7 percent.
- Property operators and real estate services rose 1.7 percent.
- Prices received by the dairy cattle farming industry fell 6.9 percent.
- The electricity and gas supply index rose 8.2 percent.
- Petroleum and coal product manufacturing rose 7.5 percent (reflecting higher imported crude oil and refining prices).
- Prices paid by dairy product manufacturers were down 4.7 percent (reflecting lower prices for raw milk).
In the June 2012 quarter, compared with the June 2011 quarter:
- The output PPI rose 0.5 percent.
- The input PPI rose 1.9 percent.
Acting Government Statistician
|17 August 2012