Health statistics give you information about injuries, disabilities, abortion, and life expectancy in New Zealand.
Statistics about induced abortions registered in New Zealand. Find out about:
- abortion numbers and rates
- the duration of pregnancies ending in abortion
- the ages and ethnicities of women having abortions
- the number of previous abortions and live births of women having abortions
- how national abortion rates compare with those of other countries.
Statistics about disabled children and adults living in New Zealand. Find out about:
- the number of disabled people living in New Zealand
- the nature, duration, and causes of impairments
- the support disabled people need in daily life
- who cares for and supports disabled people
- disabled people's education, work, travel, and transport experiences
- experiences of disability in different groups of the population (eg ethnic groups).
Information about injury in New Zealand. Get statistics on:
- the number and rate of fatal and serious non-fatal injury events each year
- work-related injury claims, including the:
- number and rate of claims per year
- age, sex, ethnicity, and occupation of people with injuries
- types of injuries people get
- scenes, geographic regions, and industries in which these injuries occur.
Information about births and deaths in New Zealand, and the patterns of mortality (death) and survival at various ages.
Use our How long will I live? calculator to estimate your life expectancy.