Statistics about income record the sources and distribution of income, including New Zealanders' gross income levels from salaries and wages, self-employment, and government transfers.
Statistics about work count and describe people in New Zealand who are:
- in paid employment
- unemployed (not in paid work)
- not in the labour force.
Other work statistics give information about:
- the labour market, including supply of and demand for labour
- the labour force (people working or available for work)
- occupations and industries
- types of work – salaried and waged employment, full- and part-time work, and self-employment.
Employment and unemployment
Find out about employment and unemployment in New Zealand.
Detailed information about New Zealanders' income from:
- salary and wages
- government transfers (for example benefits, family support, student loans, and superannuation).
Find out about work stoppages in New Zealand.