Statistics about income record the sources and distribution of income, including New Zealanders' gross income levels from salaries and wages, self-employment, and government transfers.
Statistics about work count and describe people in New Zealand who are:
- in paid employment
- unemployed (not in paid work)
- not in the labour force.
Other work statistics give information about:
- the labour market, including supply of and demand for labour
- the labour force (people working or available for work).
- occupations and industries
- types of work – salaried and waged employment, full and part-time work, and self-employment.
||Employment and unemployment
Statistics about employment and unemployment.
Statistics about income include detailed information about New Zealanders' income from salary and wages, self employment, investments and government transfers (eg benefits, family support, student loans and superannuation).
Work stoppage information is used as an indicator of the state of industrial relations in New Zealand.