Between the June 2010 and June 2011 quarters:
- Median hourly earnings had the lowest recorded increase since the June 2000 quarter, up 1.9 percent to $20.38.
- Median weekly income for those receiving income from wages and salaries was $800 (up 4.0 percent).
- Median weekly income from all sources for all people increased 3.9 percent to $550.
- Median weekly income from government transfers for those receiving income from this source increased 4.4 percent to $280.
- There were increases in both the number of people aged 65 and over receiving income from government transfers and the median weekly income received from this source up 3.4 percent and 7.6 percent respectively.
|6 October 2011|