- Eight out of ten people (81.0 percent) were in the same type of family at their first interview as they were three years later at their fourth interview.
- The number of people living alone increased between the first and fourth interviews, up from 292,400 (8.1 percent) to 399,700 (11.0 percent).
- Over half (51.6 percent) of people employed were in this state for the entire survey period (ie four years).
- 83.0 percent of people who were not employed but seeking work were in this state for less than one year.
- 31.2 percent of people who were not employed and not seeking work were in this state for four years.