These releases provide information on wages and salaries, self-employment, government transfers, and other transfer income.
On 31 August 2015, we revised the estimates for the New Zealand Income Survey using information from the 2013 Census. We also introduced regional benchmarks to help improve the quality of our income estimates by region.
See New Zealand Income Survey population rebase: June quarters 1997 to 2014 for more information.
We're changing the New Zealand Income Survey. For details, see Future of the New Zealand Income Survey.
The latest releases contain tables on:
- average weekly income (for those earning income from wage/salary jobs) by full-time and part-time status
- time series of average weekly income for all people aged 15 years and over by sex, age group, and ethnic group
- average weekly income for people in paid employment, not in paid employment, and by labour force status
- personal income distribution
- average household income by household type
- average and median hourly earnings for those earning income from wage/salary jobs.
Subscribe to our information releases.
Access time-series data from NZ.Stat.
Source: New Zealand Income Survey
Available from: June 1998
Geographic coverage: Regional
Please complete this request form if you would like access to previous releases.