These releases provide information on wages and salaries, self-employment, government transfers, and other transfer income.
New Zealand Income Survey consultation
Statistics NZ is changing the New Zealand Income Survey (NZIS). We plan to keep collecting information on wages and salaries, self-employment, and government transfers, but to stop collecting information on other transfers and investments. This means income from all sources would no longer be available. To help us make decisions about the NZIS content, we need to know what NZIS data you use. Feedback is invited until 29 May 2013.
The latest releases contain tables on:
- average weekly income (for those earning income from wage/salary jobs) by full-time and part-time status
- time series of average weekly income for all people aged 15 years and over by sex, age group, and ethnic group
- average weekly income for people in paid employment, not in paid employment, and by labour force status
- personal income distribution
- average household income by household type
- average and median hourly earnings for those earning income from wage/salary jobs.
Subscribe to our information releases.
Source: New Zealand Income Survey
Available from: June 1998
Geographic coverage: Regional
Please complete this request form if you would like access to previous releases.
Time series data can be accessed from NZ.Stat.