These releases provide New Zealand's official employment and unemployment statistics.
The latest releases contain tables on:
- people employed, unemployed, and not in labour force – actual, seasonally adjusted, and trend
- total people employed, unemployed and not in labour force by age group, ethnic group, and regional council area
- people employed, by sex, and industrial activity of place of employment
- persons employed full-time and part-time – seasonally adjusted
- the jobless (those without a job and wanting a job)
- total actual hours worked
- household statistics
Working-age population table
The Household Labour Force Survey (HLFS) estimated working-age population is based on national resident population estimates that are adjusted to be consistent with the scope of the HLFS. The working-age population is an estimate of the usually resident, non-institutionalised, civilian population of New Zealand aged 15 years and over. This table is updated quarterly.
Subscribe to our information releases.
Access time-series data from the Infoshare database.
Subject category: Work, income, and spending
Group: Household Labour Force Survey
Source: Household Labour Force Survey
Available from: March 1986
Geographic coverage: Regional
You can find previous releases dating back to December 2005 here. For releases before this please complete this request form.