These releases provide New Zealand's official employment and unemployment statistics.
The latest releases contain tables on:
- people employed, unemployed, and not in labour force – actual, seasonally adjusted, and trend
- total people employed, unemployed and not in labour force by age group, ethnic group, and regional council area
- people employed, by sex, and industrial activity of place of employment
- persons employed full-time and part-time – seasonally adjusted
- the jobless (those without a job and wanting a job)
- total actual hours worked
- household statistics
Working-age population table
The Household Labour Force Survey (HLFS) estimated working-age population is based on national resident population estimates that are adjusted to be consistent with the scope of the HLFS. The working-age population is an estimate of the usually resident, non-institutionalised, civilian population of New Zealand aged 15 years and over. This table is updated quarterly.
Subscribe to our information releases.
Source: Household Labour Force Survey
Available from: March 1986
Geographic coverage: Regional
You can find previous releases dating back to December 2005 here. For releases prior to this please complete this request form.
Time series data can be accessed from the Infoshare database.
Subject category: Work, income, and spending
Group: Household Labour Force Survey