In September 2012:
- 1,520 new dwellings were consented, including 186 apartments (115 were retirement village units).
- The seasonally adjusted number of new dwellings consented, including apartments, increased 7.8 percent. Excluding apartments, there was a 5.6 percent increase.
- Earthquake-related consents identified in Canterbury totalled $58 million, including 34 new dwellings.
In September 2012 compared with September 2011:
- Canterbury and Auckland regions had the largest increases in the number of new dwellings consented, up 176 and 152, respectively.
- The value of residential building consents rose 45 percent, to $577 million.
- The value of non-residential building consents fell 1.8 percent, to $314 million.
31 October 2012