For April 2010 compared with March 2010 (on a seasonally adjusted basis):
- Core retail sales were flat, down just 0.2 percent ($8 million).
- Total retail sales fell slightly, down 0.3 percent ($18 million).
- Department stores (down 3.3 percent or $11 million) had the largest decrease.
- Accommodation (up 7.0 percent or $15 million) had the largest increase.
- The core trend has been declining since October 2009.
- The total retail sales trend has been rising since February 2009, but has flattened since December 2009.
||14 June 2010|
|Acting Government Statistician
||ISSN 1178-0355 |