For February 2009 compared with January 2009 (on a seasonally adjusted basis):
- Total retail sales were flat, up 0.2 percent ($10 million).
- Core retail sales were also flat, down 0.1 percent ($5 million).
- Automotive fuel retailing sales increased 6.7 percent ($34 million).
- Motor vehicle retailing sales decreased 3.2 percent ($17 million).
- Supermarket and grocery store sales increased 1.0 percent ($12 million).
The total retail sales trend has been in decline or flat since December 2007, falling 3.4 percent since then.
| Geoff Bascand
| Government Statistician
||ISSN 1178-0355 |