For the year ended December 2010 compared with the year ended December 2009 unless otherwise stated:
- The total volume of alcoholic beverage available for consumption increased 0.6 percent to 474 million litres.
- The volume of pure alcohol available for consumption rose 5.5 percent to 33 million litres.
- The volume of pure alcohol available per person aged 15 years and over rose 3.7 percent to 9.6 litres.
- The volume of wine available for consumption increased 7.7 percent to 103 million litres.
- The volume of spirits (more than 23 percent alcohol content) rose 20 percent to 13 million litres.
- The volume of beer available for consumption declined 2.2 percent to 299 million litres.
||21 February 2011|