- Gross screen industry revenue increased 3 percent to $3.3 billion.
- Wellington film revenue recovered, to $644 million, after a slow year in 2015.
- Revenue received by production and post-production businesses from international sources increased 32 percent, driven mostly by increased revenue from North America.
- Total expenditure on producing remained stable, at $767 million, down 1 percent from 2015.
- In 2015, 14,000 people were employed in the screen industry, working a total of 24,700 jobs or contracts.
Liz MacPherson, Government Statistician
12 April 2017