For the October 2011 month compared with the October 2010 month:
- Exports were up $195 million (5.3 percent) to $3.9 billion.
- Meat and edible offal, and crude oil exports recorded the largest increases.
- Imports were up $257 million (6.6 percent) to $4.2 billion.
- Fertilisers recorded the largest increase in import values.
- There was a trade deficit of $282 million (7.3 percent of exports).
- The trend for export values remains at record-high levels.
- The trend for import values remains flat, and is 6.3 percent below its overall peak in September 2008.
|Dallas Welch (Mrs)
||24 November 2011
|Acting Government Statistician