For October 2012 compared with October 2011:
- Exports fell $423 million (11 percent) to $3.5 billion.
- Milk powder, butter, and cheese had the largest decrease, down $205 million (20 percent).
- Imports rose $70 million (1.7 percent) to $4.2 billion.
- Capital and consumption goods rose while intermediate goods fell.
- There was a trade deficit of $718 million (21 percent of exports).
- The trend for exports appears to be decreasing.
- The trend for imports has shown little change in recent months.
||27 November 2012