The following movements occurred in the December 2015 quarter, compared with the September 2015 quarter.
- The merchandise (goods) terms of trade fell 2.0 percent.
- Export prices for goods fell 5.7 percent, while import prices for goods fell 3.7 percent.
- Seasonally adjusted goods export volumes fell 2.4 percent, while goods import volumes rose 0.7 percent.
- Seasonally adjusted goods export values fell 6.1 percent (to $11.4 billion), while goods import values fell 1.9 percent (to $12.7 billion).
- The services terms of trade rose 2.1 percent.
- Services export prices rose 1.3 percent, while services import prices fell 0.7 percent.
Liz MacPherson, Government Statistician
1 March 2016