The following movements occurred in the December 2016 quarter, compared with the September 2016 quarter.
- The merchandise (goods) terms of trade rose 5.7 percent.
- Export prices for goods rose 4.8 percent, while import prices for goods fell 0.8 percent.
- Seasonally adjusted goods export volumes fell 5.8 percent, and goods import volumes rose 1.2 percent.
- Seasonally adjusted goods export values fell 0.6 percent (to $11.3 billion), and goods import values rose 0.1 percent (to $12.3 billion).
- The services terms of trade rose 2.5 percent.
- Services export prices rose 2.0 percent, while services import prices fell 0.5 percent.
Liz MacPherson, Government Statistician
1 March 2017