These releases provide statistics on the value of New Zealand's merchandise trade with the rest of the world.
The overseas merchandise trade releases contain tables on:
- exports, imports, and re-exports – actual and trend
- exports by destination, imports by country of origin
- exports and imports of main commodities
- exports and imports by top 10 HS categories – seasonally adjusted (available on a quarterly basis only)
- exports and imports by standard international trade classification (SITC)
- imports by broad economic categories – actual and seasonally adjusted (seasonally adjusted broad economic categories only available quarterly)
- exchange rates
- livestock slaughtered for export
- imports of crude oil.
Subscribe to our information releases.
Source: New Zealand Customs Service
Available from: 1997
Geographic coverage: National
You can find previous releases dating back to October 2005 here. For releases prior to this please complete this request form.
Time series data can be accessed from the Infoshare database.
Subject category: Imports and exports
Groups: Exports – Summary Data; Imports – Summary Data; Overseas Trade Statistics; Re-exports – Summary Data