The datasets below contain all 10-digit Harmonised System (HS) codes traded in the specific month. They support the relevant monthly overseas merchandise trade information release, as well as the data already available on Infoshare.
If all you need is a selection of HS codes and/or country information, we recommend you use Infoshare for your data, rather than these very large datasets.
Two datasets are available for each month, firstly HS10 values, followed by HS10 by country values. Each dataset is available for both imports and exports.
The following datasets include all 12 months of the reference year in the one file.
Annual confidentiality review
The annual confidential review occurs in September of each year, and may result in confidentiality being lifted from selected HS codes for historical data. All files here will be updated when this occurs and this will be reflected in the date updated field.
We recommend that all users of overseas merchandise trade data should download and replace all the files in September, after the annual confidentiality review.
- These datasets support the relevant monthly overseas merchandise trade information release, as well as the data already available on Infoshare. For technical information regarding the data, please see the data quality section of the relevant release.
- All overseas merchandise trade data is provisional for three months, and is therefore subject to change until finalised on the fourth month.
- All confidential HS codes, or HS codes not traded for the month have been excluded.
- The import datasets contains value for duty (vfd) and cost, insurance and freight (cif) values, and quantities.
- The export datasets contains export free on board value (fob), and export quantities, re-export fob value and quantities, and total exports fob value and quantities.
- country of origin is used for imports, and country of destination is used for exports.
- Quantities are not applicable for all HS codes. Codes with no applicable quantity have the quantity fields blank.
|Abbreviations used for quantities in the datasets
||Bone dry unit
||Hundred of boxes
||Number of cells
||Packs (number of)
||Kilograms of tobacco content
||Litres of motor spirit
||Rolls (number of)
||Litres of pure alcohol
Please refer any questions to email@example.com
Page updated 26 April 2013