Objectives of the 2014 New Zealand General Social Survey’s social networks and support rotating module discusses the aims of the social networks and support module in the 2014 New Zealand General Social Survey (NZGSS). This module is the first cycle of supplementary content that rotates in and out of the survey over time.
This paper supplements The future approach to the New Zealand General Social Survey – A consultation paper. It will better inform stakeholders about what we are proposing to do in the social networks and support rotating module.
To read the paper, download the printable PDF from ‘Available files’ above. If you have problems viewing the files, see Opening files and PDFs.
What do you think about these proposed aims?
Please tell us what you think about the proposed social networks and support module.
- Are there any needs for information on social networks and support that we have missed?
- What information would help you answer key policy and/or research questions about social networks and support?
- How could data on social networks and connectedness inform the decisions you make or services you deliver?
- What aspects of social networks and support would you be most interested in learning more about?
- Are there any additional aspects of social networks and support that you would like us to collect information on?
To provide feedback, please contact the NZGSS team.
Phone: Philip Walker on 04 931 4851
Have your say by 28 September. Thanks for your help.
Published 3 August 2012