Subnational Family and Household Projections: 2001(base) – 2021 update
Embargoed until 10:45am – 27 October 2005
The following highlights are based on the medium series for each area:
- All 16 of New Zealand's regions are projected to have more households in 2021 than in 2001.
- Auckland region is projected to account for half of the national growth in the number of households.
- Eleven territorial authorities are projected to have fewer households in 2021 than in 2001. In comparison, 33 territorial authorities are projected to decrease in population over the same period.
- A continued decline in average household size is projected for all territorial authorities between 2001 and 2021.
- More 'couple without children' families and one-person households are projected in all territorial authorities.
| Brian Pink
|| 27 October 2005|
| Government Statistician
|| Cat 31.911 Set 05/06 – 066|