Because of the impact of the Rugby World Cup on travel in October 2011, we compared October 2012 figures with October 2010:
- Visitor arrivals (184,200) were down 700. The biggest changes were in arrivals from:
- China (up 6,700)
- Korea (down 1,400)
- Japan (down 1,700)
- the United Kingdom (down 2,000).
- Overseas trips by New Zealand residents (190,100) were up 9,500. The biggest changes were in departures to:
- Fiji (up 1,800)
- the United States (up 1,400).
In October 2012:
- Seasonally adjusted figures showed a net gain of 300 migrants.
||22 November 2012