These releases provide statistics on the number of overseas visitors, New Zealand resident travellers, and permanent and long-term migrants entering or leaving New Zealand. These statistics are based on final counts of arrivals to and departures from New Zealand.
The latest releases contain tables on:
- number of arrivals and departures by passenger type
- net migration
- seasonally adjusted arrivals and departures
- overseas visitor arrivals by country of last permanent residence
- New Zealand resident short-term departures by country of main destination
- permanent and long-term migration by country of last/next permanent residence
- permanent and long-term migration by citizenship.
Subscribe to our information releases.
Source: New Zealand Customs Service
Available from: June 1998
Geographic coverage: National
Time series data can be accessed from the Infoshare database.
Subject categories: Tourism
Groups: International Travel and Migration
Prior to June 2008 the International Travel and Migration release was titled External Migration. See the External Migration – information releases page for releases earlier than June 2008.
Please complete this request form if you would like access to older releases.