From the end of February, Table Builder will no longer be updated. NZ.Stat is now the authoritative source of tabular data on our website.
Table Builder is a free online tool that enables you to extract the information you want from large tables of data. You can select your variables, and organise row and columns in the resulting table in the way that best meets your needs. The way you build the tables is the same no matter what subject category you choose.
||Step 1: Choose a subject
||Step 2: Select a data table that you're interested in
||Step 3: Start customising!
- A series of video clips demonstrating how to use Table Builder are available at Table Builder help.
- A Table Builder guide is available through the help tab in Table Builder.
- You can also contact our Information Centre toll-free on 0508 525 525 or email email@example.com and one of our advisors can help you get started.
Information about data changes for Auckland Council
Changes to Auckland’s local government came into effect on 1 November 2010. For information on how Statistics NZ is managing data affected by the council restructure, please visit www.stats.govt.nz/aucklandcouncil.
To use Table Builder you need
- Internet Explorer, version 6 or later.
- Firefox, version 2.0.0 or later.
- Macintosh operating system (Mac OS) is supported only when running Firefox 2.0.0 (or later versions).
- Internet Explorer for Macintosh does not work with table builder.