Information on imports and exports
Information is available on more than 13,000 merchandise items (finished or unfinished goods) entering or leaving New Zealand. Statistics are collected at the New Zealand port of entry or departure, by our three main airports and 13 main seaports.
The data can be used to estimate your market share for imports and exports, identify attractive countries as sources of imports, identify attractive countries as export destinations, analyse freight routes and monitor market conditions for specific items. The key variables are shown below:
- country of origin (imports)
- port of unloading in New Zealand (imports)
- country of destination (exports)
- volume (imports and exports)
- average item value (imports and exports).
The data is available monthly.
If you have any enquiries, please contact our Information Centre.