Nationwide Web Stats! Seminar Series
Statistics New Zealand will be running a series of seminars nationwide from late August to mid-October to coincide with the launch of the new website.
The Web Stats! seminar series has been developed to show people how to navigate the new website, and how to use the online tools to easily access information.
Each seminar will cover:
- how to navigate the new website
- how to use the two online tools – Infoshare and Table Builder
- what localised key statistical information is available
- examples of how to use the information for businesses and communities.
For more details about the seminars, along with location/venue details and where people can register, please visit the Web Stats! information page.
Some venues/dates are still being finalised (particularly around the Wellington region), but those interested in attending can still register for those events and we will send out details when confirmed.
Official Statistics Forum 2010
24–25 March, 2010 – Te Papa, Wellington
Every few years the users and producers of official statistics meet to share their knowledge and experience of the Official Statistics System (OSS) and the wealth of information it represents.
The gathering is convened by Statistics New Zealand, the leaders of the OSS. It is an opportunity to see how well the OSS is meeting its goals by bringing together the people who produce the information with the end users of those resources.
We now welcome the submission of papers for the concurrent sessions by those working in any area of official statistics: production, analysis or representation. We particularly welcome skilled practitioners in the following areas:
- Where to Next: Innovation, future directions and filling the gaps
- Working Smarter: Collaboration, investment, reducing overlaps and doing more with existing resources
- Real Life: Examples of the use, analysis or integration of statistics.
For more information, including the submissions process, please visit the forum’s website.